Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its declining revenues.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- UQM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.07 versus -$0.29 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for UQM TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.78%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -66.76% is in-line with the industry average.
- This stock has increased by 127.05% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in UQM do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
UQM Technologies, Inc. develops and manufactures electric motors, generators, and power electronic controllers. The company offers propulsion systems, generators, and related auxiliary components for electric, hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and fuel cell electric vehicles. UQM has a market cap of $74 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are down 14.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.