Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PVH as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PVH has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 4.41 mentions/day.
- PVH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $197.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PVH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PVH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PVH:
PVH Corp. operates as an apparel company in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate PVH a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for PVH has been 993,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. PVH has a market cap of $10.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.34 and a short float of 2.5% with 1.25 days to cover.
rates PVH as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 14.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $167.70 million to $196.71 million.
- PVH CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PVH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.87 versus $4.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.01 versus $5.87).
- The gross profit margin for PVH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 54.53%. Regardless of PVH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.72% trails the industry average.
- PVH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.99 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.12 is sturdy.
- You can view the full PVH Ratings Report.