Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nu Skin as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NUS has 17x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 7.78 mentions/day.
- NUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $163.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NUS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NUS:
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes anti-aging personal care products and nutritional supplements under the Nu Skin and Pharmanex brands worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. NUS has a PE ratio of 23.6. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Nu Skin a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Nu Skin has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nu Skin has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 3.4% with 1.22 days to cover. Shares are up 210.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Nu Skin as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NUS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 76.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 106.89% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 154.90% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NUS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NU SKIN ENTERPRISES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NU SKIN ENTERPRISES increased its bottom line by earning $3.52 versus $2.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.82 versus $3.52).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income increased by 104.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $54.18 million to $110.90 million.
- NUS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.87 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Nu Skin Ratings Report.