Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Universal Display as such a stock due to the following factors:
- OLED has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.4 million.
- OLED has traded 16,714 shares today.
- OLED is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OLED with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OLED NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on OLED:
Universal Display Corporation engages in the research, development, and commercialization of organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials for use in flat panel displays and solid-state lighting applications. OLED has a PE ratio of 176. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Universal Display a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Universal Display has been 654,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Universal Display has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 8.2% with 4.05 days to cover. Shares are up 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Universal Display as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, premium valuation and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 48.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.31 million to $1.95 million.
- OLED has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 15.92, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- UNIVERSAL DISPLAY CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNIVERSAL DISPLAY CORP reported lower earnings of $0.32 versus $0.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.15 versus $0.32).
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, UNIVERSAL DISPLAY CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Universal Display Ratings Report.