NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A- . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 9.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.72 versus $4.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.00 versus $4.72).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 82.84% to $2,185.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 68.64%.
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated operates as a diversified health and well-being company in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.1, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratioand below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. UnitedHealth Group has a market cap of $56.96 billion and is part of the
industry. Shares are up 3.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.