Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UTX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 6.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,324.00 million to $1,415.00 million.
- UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.38 versus $4.74 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.1% in earnings ($5.32 versus $5.38).
- The gross profit margin for UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.20%. Regardless of UTX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UTX's net profit margin of 9.40% compares favorably to the industry average.
United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries worldwide. United has a market cap of $70.19 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector and conglomerates industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade