Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified United Continental Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $304.3 million.
- UAL traded 34,026 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:02 AM.
- UAL is up 5.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UAL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on UAL:
United Continental Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides passenger and cargo transportation services. The company transports people and cargo through its mainline operations, which use jet aircraft with 118 seats, and its regional operations. UAL has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate United Continental Holdings a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for United Continental Holdings has been 6.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United Continental has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 3.5% with 2.04 days to cover. Shares are up 48.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates United Continental Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UNITED CONTINENTAL HLDGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITED CONTINENTAL HLDGS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.30 versus -$2.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.99 versus $1.30).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry. The net income increased by 143.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $379.00 million to $924.00 million.
- UAL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 30.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market, UNITED CONTINENTAL HLDGS INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 142.19% to $574.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UNITED CONTINENTAL HLDGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.38%.
- You can view the full United Continental Holdings Ratings Report.