Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of Jim Cramer, TheStreet, Inc., or any of its contributors. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tutor Perini (TPC) - Get Tutor Perini Corporation Report has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
TheStreet Ratings team rates TUTOR PERINI CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TUTOR PERINI CORP (TPC) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $86.75 million or 40.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, TUTOR PERINI CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 47.36%.
- TUTOR PERINI CORP's earnings per share declined by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TUTOR PERINI CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.20 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.89 versus $2.20).
- TPC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.63 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.22 is sturdy.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TPC Ratings Report