Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
-- Tutor Perini
) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TPC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 104.35% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 78.92% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TPC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Construction & Engineering industry. The net income increased by 104.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$348.42 million to $15.48 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 771.91% to $45.89 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TUTOR PERINI CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 115.00%.
Tutor Perini Corporation provides diversified general contracting, construction management, and design-build services to private customers and public agencies worldwide. It operates in four segments: Civil, Building, Specialty Contractors, and Management Services. Tutor Perini has a market cap of $917.6 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 40.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.