NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Tumi Holdings (TUMI) are declining, lower by 0.83% to $22.69 in early market trading Wednesday, after the travel luggage maker had its rating lowered to "neutral" from "buy" by analysts at Goldman Sachs this morning.
The firm downgraded shares, citing a lack of upside to its six month price target of $24.
Goldman Sachs analysts said they continue to believe Tumi is a "compelling growth opportunity" in the travel accessories space.
South Plainfield, NJ-based Tumi makes a range of travel and business products and accessories in various categories for professionals, travelers and individuals.
The company distributes its products worldwide in over 70 countries through approximately 1,600 points of distribution.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TUMI HOLDINGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TUMI HOLDINGS INC (TUMI) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- TUMI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TUMI HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TUMI HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.81 versus $0.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.85 versus $0.81).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $12.07 million or 34.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.61%.
- The gross profit margin for TUMI HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.06%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.68% trails the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 15.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $12.06 million to $13.92 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TUMI Ratings Report