Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Triquint Semiconductor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TQNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $80.4 million.
- TQNT has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- TQNT is down 3.2% today.
- TQNT was up 9.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TQNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TQNT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TQNT:
TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc. provides a portfolio of radio frequency (RF) solutions for mobile device, networks infrastructure, and defense and aerospace markets worldwide. TQNT has a PE ratio of 1843.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Triquint Semiconductor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Triquint Semiconductor has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Triquint Semiconductor has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.54 and a short float of 3.7% with 1.41 days to cover. Shares are up 142.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Triquint Semiconductor as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TQNT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 17.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TQNT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.06, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, TQNT's net profit margin of 2.25% significantly trails the industry average.
- TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC reported poor results of -$0.23 versus -$0.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.67 versus -$0.23).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Triquint Semiconductor Ratings Report.