Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Trina Solar as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TSL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.3 million.
- TSL has traded 695,197 shares today.
- TSL is trading at 2.36 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TSL is trading at a new low 4.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TSL:
Trina Solar Limited operates as an integrated solar power products manufacturer and solar system developer in the People's Republic of China, Europe, the United States, and other Asia Pacific regions. TSL has a PE ratio of 1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Trina Solar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Trina Solar has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trina Solar has a market cap of $819.4 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 21% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Trina Solar as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 292.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.62 million to $41.68 million.
- TRINA SOLAR LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRINA SOLAR LTD reported lower earnings of $0.77 versus $0.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.40 versus $0.77).
- The gross profit margin for TRINA SOLAR LTD is rather low; currently it is at 19.06%. Regardless of TSL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TSL's net profit margin of 4.33% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.67 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. To add to this, TSL has a quick ratio of 0.57, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Trina Solar Ratings Report.