Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Yahoo as such a stock due to the following factors:
- YHOO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $508.7 million.
- YHOO traded 25,354 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:37 AM.
- YHOO is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YHOO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YHOO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on YHOO:
Yahoo! Inc., a technology company, provides search, content, and communication tools on the Web and on mobile devices worldwide. YHOO has a PE ratio of 8.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Yahoo a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Yahoo has been 16.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yahoo has a market cap of $31.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 2.4% with 1.53 days to cover. Shares are up 55.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Yahoo as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 66.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 95.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YHOO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 46.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $226.63 million to $331.15 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YAHOO INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.87%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 29.16% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.