Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Xcel Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $154.3 million.
- XEL has traded 208,722 shares today.
- XEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XEL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on XEL:
Xcel Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages primarily in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. XEL has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Xcel Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Xcel Energy has been 4.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Xcel Energy has a market cap of $20.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.16 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.26 days to cover. Shares are up 10.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Xcel Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- XCEL ENERGY INC has improved earnings per share by 5.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XCEL ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $1.94 versus $2.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.21 versus $1.94).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 6.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $196.34 million to $209.03 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for XCEL ENERGY INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.88%. Regardless of XEL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.90% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report.