Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified WebMD Health as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WBMD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.3 million.
- WBMD is up 4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WBMD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WBMD NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WBMD:
WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians and other healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through its public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications in the United States. WBMD has a PE ratio of 42. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate WebMD Health a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for WebMD Health has been 867,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. WebMD Health has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 16.3% with 5.29 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates WebMD Health as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 39.13% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.06% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- WEBMD HEALTH CORP has improved earnings per share by 39.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WEBMD HEALTH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.97 versus $0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.47 versus $0.97).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 34.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.81 million to $13.19 million.
- WBMD's revenue growth trails the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for WEBMD HEALTH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 60.98%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, WBMD's net profit margin of 8.64% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full WebMD Health Ratings Report.