Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Waste Management as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.0 million.
- WM has traded 35,057 shares today.
- WM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WM:
Waste Management, Inc. provides waste management environmental services to residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers in North America. It offers collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. WM has a PE ratio of 179.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Waste Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Waste Management has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Waste Management has a market cap of $22.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 3.4% with 7.66 days to cover. Shares are up 6.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Waste Management as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 36.81% is the gross profit margin for WASTE MANAGEMENT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, WM's net profit margin of 7.49% significantly trails the industry average.
- WASTE MANAGEMENT INC's earnings per share declined by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WASTE MANAGEMENT INC reported lower earnings of $0.21 versus $1.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.36 versus $0.21).
- WM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $672.00 million or 8.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 8.69%, WASTE MANAGEMENT INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.24%.
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.