Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Waste Connections as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WCN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.0 million.
- WCN has traded 4,561 shares today.
- WCN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WCN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WCN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WCN:
Waste Connections, Inc., an integrated municipal solid waste (MSW) services company, provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Waste Connections a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Waste Connections has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Waste Connections has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 5.4% with 4.67 days to cover. Shares are up 7.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Waste Connections as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WCN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WCN's share price has jumped by 32.86%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WCN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 44.18% is the gross profit margin for WASTE CONNECTIONS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of WCN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WCN's net profit margin of 9.78% compares favorably to the industry average.
- WASTE CONNECTIONS INC's earnings per share declined by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WASTE CONNECTIONS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.78 versus $1.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.12 versus -$0.78).
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.08, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.70 is weak.
- You can view the full Waste Connections Ratings Report.