Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Wabash National as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.3 million.
- WNC has traded 215,480 shares today.
- WNC is up 7.5% today.
- WNC was down 6.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WNC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WNC:
Wabash National Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets truck and tank trailers, intermodal equipment, and transportation related products in North America. WNC has a PE ratio of 17.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Wabash National a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Wabash National has been 505,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Wabash has a market cap of $889.1 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 2.32 and a short float of 11.5% with 5.21 days to cover. Shares are down 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Wabash National as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 14.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $14.14 million to $16.24 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 148.74% to $35.59 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WABASH NATIONAL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.02%.
- WABASH NATIONAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 15.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WABASH NATIONAL CORP reported lower earnings of $0.66 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.84 versus $0.66).
- You can view the full Wabash National Ratings Report.