Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified VMware as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VMW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $248.0 million.
- VMW is down 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VMW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VMW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VMW:
VMware, Inc. provides virtualization infrastructure solutions in the United States and internationally. VMW has a PE ratio of 46.3. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate VMware a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold.
The average volume for VMware has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. VMware has a market cap of $12.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.54 and a short float of 14.4% with 4.54 days to cover. Shares are up 3.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates VMware as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- VMW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, VMW has a quick ratio of 2.31, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- VMWARE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VMWARE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.71 versus $1.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.36 versus $1.71).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 66.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $156.77 million to $261.30 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $637.30 million or 46.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VMWARE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.30%.
- You can view the full VMware Ratings Report.