Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Viasat as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VSAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.6 million.
- VSAT has traded 1,229 shares today.
- VSAT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VSAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VSAT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VSAT:
ViaSat, Inc. provides fixed and mobile broadband services, and satellite and wireless networks, as well as secure networking systems, products, and services for government and commercial customers worldwide. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Viasat a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Viasat has been 212,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Viasat has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 9.4% with 10.38 days to cover. Shares are up 17.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Viasat as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 72.34% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 52.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- VIASAT INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VIASAT INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.94 versus $0.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.43 versus -$0.94).
- VSAT's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.72 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.20 is sturdy.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, VIASAT INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Viasat Ratings Report.