Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified UnitedHealth Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UNH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $530.1 million.
- UNH has traded 53,330 shares today.
- UNH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on UNH:
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated operates as a diversified health and well-being company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. UNH has a PE ratio of 15.4. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate UnitedHealth Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for UnitedHealth Group has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. UnitedHealth Group has a market cap of $89.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 1.9% with 3.27 days to cover. Shares are up 21.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates UnitedHealth Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UNH's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 33.30% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, UNH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.50 versus $5.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.65 versus $5.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,570.00 million to $1,602.00 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.54, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.42 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full UnitedHealth Group Ratings Report.