Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified TFS Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TFSL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.1 million.
- TFSL has traded 34.13430000000000319460013997741043567657470703125 options contracts today.
- TFSL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- TFSL has a PE ratio of 75.
- TFSL is mentioned 0.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- TFSL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- TFSL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- TFSL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- TFSL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- TFSL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TFSL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TFSL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TFSL:
TFS Financial Corporation operates as a holding company for Third Federal Savings and Loan Association of Cleveland that provides residential real estate mortgage loans and retail savings deposits. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. TFSL has a PE ratio of 75. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates TFS Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for TFS Financial has been 258,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. TFS Financial has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.38 and a short float of 2.8% with 7.47 days to cover. Shares are up 27.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates TFS Financial as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TFS FINANCIAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TFS FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.25 versus $0.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.26 versus $0.25).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income increased by 45.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.85 million to $23.02 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $25.93 million or 42.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TFS FINANCIAL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -79.05%.
- The gross profit margin for TFS FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 78.15%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 22.41% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full TFS Financial Ratings Report.