Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tetra Tech as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TTEK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.4 million.
- TTEK has traded 5,976 shares today.
- TTEK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TTEK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TTEK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TTEK:
Tetra Tech, Inc. provides consulting and engineering services worldwide. It operates through two segments, Water, Environment and Infrastructure (WEI); and Resource Management and Energy (RME). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. TTEK has a PE ratio of 85. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tetra Tech a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Tetra Tech has been 303,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tetra Tech has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 3% with 5.53 days to cover. Shares are up 25.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Tetra Tech as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TTEK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TTEK has a quick ratio of 1.72, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TTEK's share price has jumped by 28.53%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- TETRA TECH INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TETRA TECH INC reported lower earnings of $0.62 versus $1.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.88 versus $0.62).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 80.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $19.02 million to $3.74 million.
- You can view the full Tetra Tech Ratings Report.