Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Teledyne Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TDY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.0 million.
- TDY has traded 3,444 shares today.
- TDY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TDY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TDY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TDY:
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides instrumentation and digital imaging products, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems primarily in the United States and Canada. TDY has a PE ratio of 20.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Teledyne Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Teledyne Technologies has been 163,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Teledyne has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.21 days to cover. Shares are up 10.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Teledyne Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.87% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TDY should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TELEDYNE TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 23.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TELEDYNE TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.87 versus $4.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.10 versus $4.87).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 40.88% is the gross profit margin for TELEDYNE TECHNOLOGIES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.20% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Teledyne Technologies Ratings Report.