Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tableau Software as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DATA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $103.7 million.
- DATA is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DATA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DATA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DATA:
Tableau Software, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides business analytics software products in the United States, Canada, and internationally. DATA has a PE ratio of 69. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Tableau Software a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Tableau Software has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tableau Software has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of -0.36 and a short float of 10.8% with 2.23 days to cover. Shares are down 56.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Tableau Software as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 299.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $20.71 million to -$41.32 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 58.01%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 311.11% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC swung to a loss, reporting -$1.17 versus $0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.33 versus -$1.17).
- The gross profit margin for TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.00%. Regardless of DATA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DATA's net profit margin of -20.38% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Tableau Software Ratings Report.