Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SunPower as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SPWR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $131.3 million.
- SPWR is up 3.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPWR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPWR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SPWR:
SunPower Corporation, an energy services company, designs, manufactures, and delivers solar systems to residential, commercial, and utility customers. It operates in three segments: the Americas, the EMEA, and the APAC. SPWR has a PE ratio of 46.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate SunPower a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for SunPower has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunPower has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.28 and a short float of 36.8% with 3.97 days to cover. Shares are up 5.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates SunPower as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SUNPOWER CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SUNPOWER CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.57 versus -$3.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.20 versus $0.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 115.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$144.77 million to $22.34 million.
- SPWR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for SUNPOWER CORP is rather low; currently it is at 24.40%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SPWR's net profit margin of 3.50% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $32.88 million or 86.40% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full SunPower Ratings Report.