Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Steris as such a stock due to the following factors:
- STE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.6 million.
- STE has traded 200 shares today.
- STE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on STE:
STERIS Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination control, microbial reduction, and procedural support products and services for healthcare, pharmaceutical, scientific, research, industrial, and governmental customers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. STE has a PE ratio of 29.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Steris a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Steris has been 444,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Steris has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 5.8% with 6.05 days to cover. Shares are up 25.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Steris as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- STE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, STE's share price has jumped by 29.14%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $46.35 million or 41.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STERIS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -50.70%.
- 46.14% is the gross profit margin for STERIS CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.94% trails the industry average.
- STE's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.62 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that STE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.91 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Steris Ratings Report.