Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SolarCity as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SCTY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $155.4 million.
- SCTY is up 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCTY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCTY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SCTY:
SolarCity Corporation designs, installs, and sells or leases solar energy systems to residential and commercial customers, and government entities in the United States. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate SolarCity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for SolarCity has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SolarCity has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates SolarCity as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow, generally high debt management risk and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$22.54 million or 122.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 2.00 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, SCTY has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.58, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- SOLARCITY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOLARCITY CORP reported poor results of -$0.81 versus -$0.56 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 366.7% in earnings (-$3.78 versus -$0.81).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, SOLARCITY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 44.52% is the gross profit margin for SOLARCITY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 32.97% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full SolarCity Ratings Report.