Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Signature Bank as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SBNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.4 million.
- SBNY has traded 391,859 shares today.
- SBNY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SBNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SBNY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SBNY:
Signature Bank provides various commercial banking products and services. SBNY has a PE ratio of 23.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Signature Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Signature Bank has been 234,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Signature has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 48.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Signature Bank as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SIGNATURE BANK/NY has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIGNATURE BANK/NY increased its bottom line by earning $3.91 versus $3.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.68 versus $3.91).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 26.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $47.70 million to $60.17 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 300.13% to $128.80 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SIGNATURE BANK/NY has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 122.81%.
- The gross profit margin for SIGNATURE BANK/NY is currently very high, coming in at 81.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 29.71% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Signature Bank Ratings Report.