Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Scripps Networks Interactive as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.0 million.
- SNI has traded 591,965 shares today.
- SNI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SNI:
Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. develops lifestyle-oriented content for television and the Internet markets in the United States and internationally. It delivers entertaining and useful content that focuses on specifically defined topics of interest for audiences and advertisers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. SNI has a PE ratio of 16.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Scripps Networks Interactive a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Scripps Networks Interactive has been 702,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Scripps Networks Interactive has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 3.4% with 5.07 days to cover. Shares are up 32.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Scripps Networks Interactive as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.76, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, SCRIPPS NETWORKS INTERACTIVE's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 27.68% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SNI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 319.63% to $159.99 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SCRIPPS NETWORKS INTERACTIVE has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.70%.
- You can view the full Scripps Networks Interactive Ratings Report.