Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SCANA as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SCG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.9 million.
- SCG has traded 42,669 shares today.
- SCG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SCG:
SCANA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to retail and wholesale customers in South Carolina. It owns nuclear, coal, hydro, natural gas and oil, and biomass generating facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. SCG has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate SCANA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for SCANA has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SCANA has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.26 and a short float of 5.5% with 7.13 days to cover. Shares are up 9.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates SCANA as a
. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 27.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 21.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SCANA CORP's earnings per share declined by 5.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SCANA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.22 versus $3.79 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 24.0% in earnings ($3.97 versus $5.22).
- The gross profit margin for SCANA CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.87%. Regardless of SCG's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.24% trails the industry average.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income has decreased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $105.00 million to $98.00 million.
- You can view the full SCANA Ratings Report.