Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sanofi as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $104.3 million.
- SNY traded 302,069 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:20 AM, representing 12.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SNY:
Sanofi researches, develops, and markets various therapeutic solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. SNY has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sanofi a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sanofi has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sanofi has a market cap of $115.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 3.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Sanofi as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SANOFI has improved earnings per share by 42.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SANOFI increased its bottom line by earning $2.01 versus $1.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.12 versus $2.01).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Pharmaceuticals industry average. The net income increased by 39.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,305.09 million to $1,819.03 million.
- The gross profit margin for SANOFI is rather high; currently it is at 62.85%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SNY's net profit margin of 16.81% significantly trails the industry average.
- SNY has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 8.20% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Sanofi Ratings Report.