Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified RPM International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RPM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.9 million.
- RPM has traded 2,402 shares today.
- RPM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RPM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RPM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RPM:
RPM International Inc. manufactures, markets, and sells specialty chemical products for industrial and consumer markets in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. RPM has a PE ratio of 22.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate RPM International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for RPM International has been 708,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. RPM International has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 1.9% with 3.88 days to cover. Shares are up 14.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates RPM International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, RPM INTERNATIONAL INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$125.23 million or 3.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, RPM INTERNATIONAL INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 12.82%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full RPM International Ratings Report.