Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Rite Aid as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RAD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $213.7 million.
- RAD traded 12,416 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:46 AM.
- RAD is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RAD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RAD NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RAD:
Rite Aid Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates a chain of retail drugstores in the United States. RAD has a PE ratio of 21.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Rite Aid a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Rite Aid has been 22.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rite Aid has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.92 and a short float of 3.8% with 1.19 days to cover. Shares are up 34% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Rite Aid as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RAD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for RITE AID CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.30%. Regardless of RAD's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.56% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $111.73 million or 54.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Rite Aid Ratings Report.