Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified RF Micro Devices as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RFMD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $78.3 million.
- RFMD has traded 168,804 shares today.
- RFMD is down 3.5% today.
- RFMD was up 7.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RFMD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RFMD NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RFMD:
RF Micro Devices, Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of radio frequency (RF) solutions for original equipment manufacturers and original design manufacturers in wireless and wired communications applications in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate RF Micro Devices a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for RF Micro Devices has been 11.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. RF Micro Devices has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 6.7% with 1.95 days to cover. Shares are up 54.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates RF Micro Devices as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RFMD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- RFMD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.49, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 43.63% is the gross profit margin for RF MICRO DEVICES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, RFMD's net profit margin of 2.16% significantly trails the industry average.
- RF MICRO DEVICES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RF MICRO DEVICES INC reported poor results of -$0.20 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.42 versus -$0.20).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, RF MICRO DEVICES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full RF Micro Devices Ratings Report.