Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- REGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $183.9 million.
- REGN traded 23,055 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:08 AM.
- REGN is up 5.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in REGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for REGN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on REGN:
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions in the United States and internationally. REGN has a PE ratio of 86.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Regeneron Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals has been 830,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Regeneron has a market cap of $30.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 6.1% with 6.93 days to cover. Shares are up 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- REGN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 36.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- REGN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.56, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS's earnings per share declined by 35.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS reported lower earnings of $3.80 versus $6.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.03 versus $3.80).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $53.53 million or 37.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -71.74%.
- You can view the full Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.