Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PTC Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PTCT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.2 million.
- PTCT has traded 32,688 shares today.
- PTCT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PTCT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PTCT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PTCT:
PTC Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery and development of orally administered, proprietary small-molecule drugs that target post-transcriptional control processes. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate PTC Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for PTC Therapeutics has been 435,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. PTC has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 199.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates PTC Therapeutics as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PTCT's share price has jumped by 246.67%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- PTCT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 12.21, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, PTC THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PTC THERAPEUTICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 113.1% in earnings (-$3.33 versus -$1.56).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 517.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.42 million to -$27.28 million.
- You can view the full PTC Therapeutics Ratings Report.