Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PolyOne Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- POL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.2 million.
- POL has traded 394,811 shares today.
- POL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on POL:
PolyOne Corporation provides specialized polymer materials, services, and solutions with operations in specialty polymer formulations, color and additive systems, polymer distribution, and specialty vinyl resins. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. POL has a PE ratio of 34.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate PolyOne Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for PolyOne Corporation has been 490,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. PolyOne has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 1.9% with 2.69 days to cover. Shares are down 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates PolyOne Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 59.18% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- POLYONE CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, POLYONE CORP reported lower earnings of $0.60 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.29 versus $0.60).
- POL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.99 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.39 is sturdy.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, POLYONE CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full PolyOne Corporation Ratings Report.