Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Panera Bread as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PNRA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $92.4 million.
- PNRA is up 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PNRA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PNRA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PNRA:
Panera Bread Company owns, operates, and franchises retail bakery-cafes in the United States and Canada. The company operates through three segments: Bakery-Cafe Operations, Franchise Operations, and Fresh Dough and Other Product Operations. PNRA has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Panera Bread a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Panera Bread has been 438,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Panera Bread has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 11.3% with 5.03 days to cover. Shares are up 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Panera Bread as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PNRA's share price has jumped by 27.84%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PNRA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $72.02 million or 11.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PANERA BREAD CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -72.82%.
- PNRA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.76 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Panera Bread Ratings Report.