Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified O'Reilly Automotive as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ORLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $163.1 million.
- ORLY is down 3.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORLY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ORLY:
O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the retail of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States. ORLY has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate O'Reilly Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for O'Reilly Automotive has been 667,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. O'Reilly Automotive has a market cap of $26.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 6.6% with 9.94 days to cover. Shares are up 11.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates O'Reilly Automotive as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has improved earnings per share by 25.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $9.18 versus $7.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.74 versus $9.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 20.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $212.86 million to $255.37 million.
- The gross profit margin for O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.88%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.18% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $488.16 million or 20.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.78%.
- You can view the full O'Reilly Automotive Ratings Report.