Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Orbital as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ORB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.2 million.
- ORB traded 53,154 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:44 AM, representing 11.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ORB:
Orbital Sciences Corporation develops and manufactures small- and medium-class rockets and space systems for commercial, military, and civil government customers in the United States, Europe, Eurasia, Mexico, South America, and East Asia. ORB has a PE ratio of 25.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Orbital a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Orbital has been 339,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Orbital has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 10.2% with 11.85 days to cover. Shares are up 24.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Orbital as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ORB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ORB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.95, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 36.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.55 million to $21.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 79.66% to $70.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ORBITAL SCIENCES CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.47%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Orbital Ratings Report.