Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified OraSure Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- OSUR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.1 million.
- OSUR has traded 51.05969999999999942019712761975824832916259765625 options contracts today.
- OSUR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- OSUR has a PE ratio of 42.
- OSUR is mentioned 1.57 times per day on StockTwits.
- OSUR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- OSUR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- OSUR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- OSUR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- OSUR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OSUR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OSUR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on OSUR:
OraSure Technologies, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, markets, and sells oral fluid diagnostic products and specimen collection devices in the United States, Europe, and internationally. OSUR has a PE ratio of 42. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate OraSure Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for OraSure Technologies has been 529,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. OraSure has a market cap of $416.7 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 4.1% with 3.67 days to cover. Shares are up 19.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates OraSure Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 8.57% over the past twelve months. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ORASURE TECHNOLOGIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.14 versus -$0.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.19 versus $0.14).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 2064.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.11 million to $2.45 million.
- OSUR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 30.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- OSUR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.85, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full OraSure Technologies Ratings Report.