Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ON Semiconductor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ONNN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.6 million.
- ONNN is up 3.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ONNN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ONNN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ONNN:
ON Semiconductor Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets semiconductor components for electronic systems and products worldwide. It operates in three segments: Application Products Group, Standard Products Group, and System Solutions Group. ONNN has a PE ratio of 20.1. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate ON Semiconductor a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for ON Semiconductor has been 7.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ON Semiconductor has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.85 and a short float of 2.2% with 1.14 days to cover. Shares are up 16.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates ON Semiconductor as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ONNN's share price has jumped by 30.26%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 18.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP's earnings per share declined by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.33 versus -$0.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.74 versus $0.33).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has decreased by 19.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $51.80 million to $41.60 million.
- You can view the full ON Semiconductor Ratings Report.