Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Oasis Petroleum as such a stock due to the following factors:
- OAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $91.9 million.
- OAS has traded 373,365 shares today.
- OAS is down 3.6% today.
- OAS was up 6.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OAS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on OAS:
Oasis Petroleum Inc., an independent exploration and production company, focuses on the acquisition and development of unconventional oil and natural gas resources in the North Dakota and Montana regions of the Williston Basin. OAS has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Oasis Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Oasis Petroleum has been 9.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Oasis has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.56 and a short float of 32.2% with 4.56 days to cover. Shares are down 25% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Oasis Petroleum as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for OASIS PETROLEUM INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.09%. Regardless of OAS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OAS's net profit margin of 13.71% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- OAS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 36.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 46.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.03 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, OAS has a quick ratio of 0.51, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, OASIS PETROLEUM INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Oasis Petroleum Ratings Report.