Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Noah Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NOAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.6 million.
- NOAH has traded 115,421 shares today.
- NOAH is up 3.1% today.
- NOAH was down 5.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOAH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NOAH:
Noah Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as a wealth management service provider with focus on distributing wealth management products in the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. NOAH has a PE ratio of 49.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Noah Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Noah Holdings has been 822,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Noah has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 249.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Noah Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 132.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company.
- The gross profit margin for NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR is currently very high, coming in at 79.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's EPS of $0.42 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.42. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.94 versus $0.42).
- You can view the full Noah Holdings Ratings Report.