Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NetEase as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NTES has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $178.8 million.
- NTES has traded 51,839 shares today.
- NTES is up 4.2% today.
- NTES was down 14.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NTES with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NTES NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NTES:
NetEase, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates an interactive online community in the People's Republic of China. The company operates in three segments: Online Game Services; Advertising Services; and E-mail, E-commerce and Others. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. NTES has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NetEase a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for NetEase has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NetEase has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 11.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates NetEase as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NTES's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 100.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although NTES's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.08 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.97, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, NETEASE INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NTES should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NETEASE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NETEASE INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.84 versus $5.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($49.45 versus $5.84).
- You can view the full NetEase Ratings Report.