Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Millennial Media as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- MM has traded 369,246 shares today.
- MM is trading at 6.35 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MM is trading at a new high 10.68% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MM:
Millennial Media Inc. provides mobile advertising solutions to advertisers and developers in the United States and internationally. Currently there are no analysts that rate Millennial Media a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Millennial Media has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Millennial Media has a market cap of $203.2 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 20.2% with 9.25 days to cover. Shares are down 75.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Millennial Media as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC reported poor results of -$0.19 versus -$0.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 168.4% in earnings (-$0.51 versus -$0.19).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 394.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.05 million to -$15.09 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, MILLENNIAL MEDIA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$3.03 million or 369.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 74.71%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 250.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Millennial Media Ratings Report.