Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Maxim Integrated Products as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MXIM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.4 million.
- MXIM is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MXIM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MXIM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MXIM:
Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets various linear and mixed-signal integrated circuits worldwide. The company also provides a range of high-frequency process technologies and capabilities for use in custom designs. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. MXIM has a PE ratio of 19.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Maxim Integrated Products a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Maxim Integrated Products has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Maxim Integrated has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 2.5% with 2.55 days to cover. Shares are up 2.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Maxim Integrated Products as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MXIM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MXIM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.67, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS has improved earnings per share by 8.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS increased its bottom line by earning $1.52 versus $1.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.67 versus $1.52).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $214.40 million or 12.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -88.58%.
- You can view the full Maxim Integrated Products Ratings Report.