Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Masco Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $88.9 million.
- MAS is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MAS:
Masco Corporation engages in the manufacture, distribution, and installation of home improvement and building products primarily in North America and Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. MAS has a PE ratio of 53.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Masco Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Masco Corporation has been 4.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Masco has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 2.32 and a short float of 2.5% with 1.84 days to cover. Shares are up 30.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Masco Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MAS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MASCO CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MASCO CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.19 versus -$1.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.79 versus -$0.19).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income increased by 586.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.00 million to $103.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Building Products industry and the overall market, MASCO CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 209.57% to $291.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MASCO CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 56.84%.
- You can view the full Masco Corporation Ratings Report.