Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Marvell Technology Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MRVL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.0 million.
- MRVL is up 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MRVL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MRVL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MRVL:
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. designs, develops, and markets analog, mixed-signal, digital signal processing, and embedded and standalone integrated circuits. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Marvell Technology Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Marvell Technology Group has been 5.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marvell Technology Group has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 2.1% with 0.78 days to cover. Shares are up 32% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Marvell Technology Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MRVL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, MRVL has a quick ratio of 2.13, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD is rather high; currently it is at 51.09%. Regardless of MRVL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.68% trails the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 14.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 28.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $53.31 million or 62.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD has marginally lower results.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Marvell Technology Group Ratings Report.